Skip to main content

Now it's time for 2009!

We are finally home from all of our weekend Christmas'. Since I am now out of school and no longer have 3 weeks off for Christmas vacation, we had to work around my work schedule having only Christmas day and New Years Day off. So, all of our Christmas' were on the past 4 weekends. The weekend before Christmas, Britt's dad came down to visit and this was the start of our Christmas'. We had a good time showing Alyssa the campus, opening gifts, and spending time with them.
Our first Christmas together as a married couple was actually on Christmas day! What fun! We are now making our own traditions and memories :) Since we bought Annie earlier this year (Oct), we told each other that she was our Christmas gift, but of course we splurged and bought ourselves a treadmill too! Haha! Now we have no excuses, huh?!? At least not for those cold wet days which we've been having lately. Then we bought each other little stocking stuffers for Christmas morning. We made waffles for breakfast and cooked steak for dinner. I couldn't have asked for anything more! I LOVE being married!

Then, we headed to Dallas on Friday to Uncle Jeff's! We opened gifts and ate delicious food. I just wish we could have spent more time there. We introduced Annie to Lily, Robie, and Abby. It was so fun seeing them again.



After Uncle Jeff's, we headed to Ft. Worth for my grandparents Christmas on Sat around noon. We ate and opened gifts, and spent good quality time together as a family. It was fun having all the new additions to the family there (Britt, Theresa, Josh, and his kids). Something I am always thankful for is that Britt and I, both, LOVE spending time with each others families. Even our families have fun when they are together. That is definitely something that many families aren't blessed with.
Sadly, Sunday came, and it was time to go home and back to reality. Except that we still had one more Christmas.... Houston!! We went to Houston this past weekend, and ate at El Corral, watched football, and talked about football, and even Theresa was totally into winning the College Bowl Pick 'Em - she def has a chance, and I'm rootin' for her :) We opened gifts Sat morning and my parents got Wii's for us (A&T, and B& Me) And Alan bought us Guitar Hero III!! How awesome is my family! :) It was so fun being at "home", sleeping in my old room, and spending time with my family and the love of my life. I am so blessed!
We are now back in CS, and now is officially back to reality. I've started back to work on the regualr schedule, and I'm definitely looking forward to our next holiday (MLKjr Day). I love the days I can sleep late (Katlynn, late for me now is 9:30-10:00... LOL)

Anyway, life coldn't be any better, and I'm looking forward to this new year to making more memories!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So-- I'm not a very good blogger...

Well, pretty much nothing new going on here. I'm still working 9-6 at the bank, Britt is in classes during the day and working at night, and being married is AWESOME!! OHHH, except that we are playing city league volleyball on Tuesday nights!! It's so much fun! I can't believe that we haven't done this before?!? For as long as I've been in College Station and gone to ALL of Britt's intramual games and city league softball games, we have FINALLY started up something that I can participate in, and if you can't tell already I am SUPER excited!! :) Annie is doing well. We need to take her in for another check up to make sure her enzyme levels haven't gotten any higher. I was a little worried about her when the doctor told us that they were 1800 and normal is 200. But her personality is just as fiesty as it was when we got her, so hopefully, there is nothing to worry about. I will keep you updated... Sorry my blogs are so boring... I will try to make th...

Time to stop dreaming- my Christmas is white!

All she wanted to do was eat the snow so I didn't get a very good picture of her. She still looks cute tho. Just a little tree in our apt complex. After service snowball fight! The church building. Samuel showing off his snowball. Outside the bank before I left for service. The morning snow.