Skip to main content

Changes in Spring

OK, so some new things happening in the Spivey world...

1- Today we signed our lease for the new duplex we will move to on June 5! I'm so excited!! I don't know what it is about packing up and moving into a brand new place, but I absolutely LOVE it! :) I think it's getting to throw things out, and "start over".. kinda. I'm sooo ready to get out of an apt, and actually feel like I'm living in a place without people always around. We don't have bad neighbors or anything, it's just weird walking out of your door and possibly running into someone right their in front of you.. just a little awkward. I can only imagine how I'm going to feel when we purchase our first new house!! Also, I'm sure Annie will appreciate being able to run around in the yard free from constant attachment to me or Britt. I know how much she loves to run around in my parents backyard when we visit so this will be just as exciting for her.

2- My teacher cert is FINALLY coming along. I'm back on track, and starting to apply for positions in the Fall!! I'm looking for something around here, but think that it's unlikely, so I'm hoping for something possibly in the North Houston area. Maybe Conroe ISD?? Just can't wait to find out what's going to happen!

3- Starting to become more of a reader. This is something that I NEVER saw happening! I started reading the Twilight series and have absolutley enjoyed the relaxing feelings of just sitting in silence and reading. I used to have to have the radio or TV on, but now I'm liking the silence. Maybe I'm growing up.... or you just have to find the perfect book to get lost in! Feel free to recommend...

4- We are undefeated in playoffs for Tuesday night volleyball, and intend to stay that way to the end. We play next Tues at 8:00-- wish me luck!

That's all I can think of for now....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So-- I'm not a very good blogger...

Well, pretty much nothing new going on here. I'm still working 9-6 at the bank, Britt is in classes during the day and working at night, and being married is AWESOME!! OHHH, except that we are playing city league volleyball on Tuesday nights!! It's so much fun! I can't believe that we haven't done this before?!? For as long as I've been in College Station and gone to ALL of Britt's intramual games and city league softball games, we have FINALLY started up something that I can participate in, and if you can't tell already I am SUPER excited!! :) Annie is doing well. We need to take her in for another check up to make sure her enzyme levels haven't gotten any higher. I was a little worried about her when the doctor told us that they were 1800 and normal is 200. But her personality is just as fiesty as it was when we got her, so hopefully, there is nothing to worry about. I will keep you updated... Sorry my blogs are so boring... I will try to make th...

Now it's time for 2009!

We are finally home from all of our weekend Christmas'. Since I am now out of school and no longer have 3 weeks off for Christmas vacation, we had to work around my work schedule having only Christmas day and New Years Day off. So, all of our Christmas' were on the past 4 weekends. The weekend before Christmas, Britt's dad came down to visit and this was the start of our Christmas'. We had a good time showing Alyssa the campus, opening gifts, and spending time with them. Our first Christmas together as a married couple was actually on Christmas day! What fun! We are now making our own traditions and memories :) Since we bought Annie earlier this year (Oct), we told each other that she was our Christmas gift, but of course we splurged and bought ourselves a treadmill too! Haha! Now we have no excuses, huh?!? At least not for those cold wet days which we've been having lately. Then we bought each other little stocking stuffers for Christmas morning. We made waffles ...

Time to stop dreaming- my Christmas is white!

All she wanted to do was eat the snow so I didn't get a very good picture of her. She still looks cute tho. Just a little tree in our apt complex. After service snowball fight! The church building. Samuel showing off his snowball. Outside the bank before I left for service. The morning snow.